UK Student Visa – An Overview

Want to study in the UK?

The United Kingdom is awash with universities, higher education institutes, colleges and schools. The UK education system is home to many of the top universities and many of the best bachelors and masters courses in the world. The UK offers an array of alternative routes for those who do not find the degree system one they’d like to pursue.

We are pleased to inform you that we can now offer our services with the Tier 4 Adult Study Visa and will be accepting applications shortly.

Who can apply?

This route to study in the UK is open to any adult  non-EU citizen who has been accepted on a higher education course in the UK provided you satisfy all of the requirements.

How long is it valid?

The Visa will last for the duration of your course – usually 3-4 years for a bachelor’s degree, depending on your course, and varies for other kinds of higher qualification.


The visa application follows a strict point-based system. You must reach 40 points in order for your application to be accepted.

In order to apply for a student visa you must already be accepted on your desired full-time course and be able to show your offer letter.

Studying in the UK will mean you need to be able to demonstrate a good command of the English language. You must have obtained a minimum of level B1 in English using the Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR)

Alternatively you can have previously studied up to or above level 6 in the National Qualifications Framework – equivalent to degree level.

You may be required to attend an interview with the UK Border Officers in order to verify your level of English ability.

Documents Required

As mentioned previously, you will need to provide documentation which shows you have been accepted on the course

You will also need to provide various documents supporting your previous qualifications

ID documents will need to be submitted.

You are required to show proof that you have the means to pay your fees. If you are receiving a scholarship or sponsorship or a loan from a student loan company you must provide documentation which says so. You must also show you have the necessary funds held in your bank if you are paying yourself.

You must also be able to demonstrate that you have enough money to support yourself financially.


You may remain in the UK for the duration of the course, including during vacation times.

You may work up to 20 hours per week during term times.

You may work full-time during vacation time.

You may also undertake work-placements as part of your course, provided they meet the criteria.


If you think this may be of interest to you and you’d like to find out if you are eligible, why not send us an email to [email protected] with your questions.






One Response

  1. Ahmed mokhtar September 11, 2013