UK Entrepreneur Visa
Many are not aware of the opportunity for entrepreneurs to immigrate to the UK – which includes a direct route to permanent residency. To facilitate this we offer entrepreneurs a flexible package of services to manage all or some of the following:-
- Immigration services for the entrepreneur and their dependants
- UK Company Formation and tax authority registration
- Bank account set-up
- Introduction of existing businesses seeking investment
If you are a non-EU citizen wanting to move to the UK and you have £200,000 to invest, the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is an extremely interesting opportunity.
The Entrepreneur visa is ideal for a non-EU business person who wishes to start a business or to invest in an existing business in the UK. This should be of great interest to experienced business people who wish to move to the UK with their spouse and children under the age of eighteen.
Who Can Apply?
The application can be made by either one Non-EU entrepreneur or an entrepreneurial team of two business partners.
You will have to demonstrate to the authorities that you have £200,000 available to invest in a UK company as well as sufficient funds to support yourself and any dependents that move there with you. There is also a formal requirement that you are able to demonstrate a proficiency in English.
You must invest £200,000 directly into a company in the UK, and during your first three years must employ two additional full time staff for at least 12 months each.
Another important requirement is that you must be actively involved in the business and registered as a Director or as Self-Employed.
You must demonstrate that they have either a legitimate business in the UK, or provide a business plan demonstrating how your business will succeed.
You will need to provide evidence of the source of your funds.
The minimum age for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa is 18 years.
If your application is successful you will receive permission to reside for an initial period of up to 3 years and 4 months. This will include permission for dependents (spouse/partner, and children below the age of 18).
Towards the end of this initial term you can apply for an extension. At this point the authorities will check to see if you have fully met the conditions of your visa such as the investment of £200,000 and employment of two resident workers. If you are meeting all of the conditions and a visa extension is granted you will receive an extension of two years
After five years of living and working in the UK you will be eligible to apply for permanent residency with the opportunity to become a citizen after six years.
- A visa can be granted in a matter of weeks
- This is a route to permanent residence after five years and citizenship after six years if you continue to meet the criteria
- There is an early route to permanent residence if you create ten or more full time jobs for settled workers, or if the business is generating at least £5 million of income.
- Supplying a checklist for all documents to be submitted
- Confirmation of where documents must be submitted
- Streamlining supplementary documents
- General advice/instruction during the application process.