UK Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
This visa is for graduates who have been identified by UK Higher Education Institutions as having developed world class innovative ideas or entrepreneurial skills, and allows them to extend their stay in the UK after graduation in order to establish one or more businesses in the UK.
- Graduates do not require an employer sponsor, but rather an endorsement by an approved UK educational institution
- Migrant graduates with exceptional entrepreneurial skills may stay in the UK for up to two years
- This visa must be applied for from within the UK
- No capital investment is required.
- An applicant should hold a recognised degree at Bachelors, Masters or PhD level, awarded by a recognised UK body
- Applicants must request an endorsement from directly from a UK Higher Education Institution
- UK Entrepreneur Graduates must not require use of state public funds, meaning they should be able to support themselves financially
The applicant is not entitled to seek employment
a) Except working for the business which they have established;
b) Unless it is under 20 hours per week
c) As a Doctor or Dentist in training or as a Professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach).
On initial application, Graduate Entrepreneurs are allocated an initial stay of one year, with the opportunity to extend for a maximum of two years total grant.
- Supplying a checklist for all documents to be submitted
- Confirmation of where documents must be submitted
- Streamlining supplementary documents
- Handling legal questions received from the authorities
- General advice/instruction during the application process